For more than 30 years, Harvest Market has been the Mendocino Coast’s premier family-owned, independent grocery store. Harvest Market has always been dedicated to having a positive impact on its 140+ employees, the community and the environment, and the company sought B Corp Certification to formally recognize its commitment to be “the best, naturally.”
After struggling for more than a year to find the time to complete its B Corp certification, Harvest Market hired HPC to manage this complex project and achieve B Corp certification within a fairly aggressive timeline.
In 2015, Harvest Market became Mendocino County’s first Certified B Corp! Since that time, Harvest Market has retained HPC’s services to further enhance its social and environmental impacts.
We also achieved:
- Progress toward Zero Waste Certification; over 50% reduction in waste in 2016.
- Employee Satisfaction Surveys conducted in 2016 and 2017, tracking changes over time and providing a platform from which to design employee engagement strategies.
- First Annual Sustainability Report produced in 2016.
- Championing the B Corp movement in our region.
- Recertification in 2017 with 99.7 points!